Saturday, February 04, 2006

Definitely a long week...

It's 12:30am, and I have no idea why I'm still awake. OK, I guess it's because I'm watching a TiVoed rerun of Star Trek:TNG, a show that always brings me good memories of my younger days. But, mainly I'm just trying to wind down from a really hectic week. I've been in my new position for ~3 months now, and I'm starting to understand why most of the other staff scientists are always working late, coming in early, and working on weekends. There's SO much to do! My current project is going pretty poorly, due to a severe lack of baseline separation for the isomeric analytes in my method that share a single ion channel. In other words, science kind of sucks sometimes. One of my managers phrased it best: in bioanalytical high-throughput production, the trend is "success, success, success, success, failure", wheareas in methods development, it's "failure, failure, failure, failure, success!". That's something I'm just going to have to get used to and not beat myself up over. But, the weekend's here, the Super Bowl's on Sunday, and I got my HDTV receiver hooked up just in time. Whoo-hoo!

I should probably get some sleep. In the coming days, I'd like to get some organized thoughts down about the following topics:

1) The upcoming birth of child#2
2) Getting ready for the trip to China in July
3) My goals for 2006 (cheers to Dave for inspiring me!)
4) Thoughts on God and the church

I figured I should jot those down so I can hold myself accountable and actually write on the above topics. I do have a bit of a lazy streak in me sometimes!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home