Saturday, November 17, 2007

Everything is going to change...

I know that it must seem like an eternity since there has been any activity on this blog. In reality, it’s been a little over a year. Sad, I know. But, it’s a new day for The Science, and it’s time to get back on the blogging trail. I can’t promise that I’ll post every day, but I’m going to make a much more concerted effort to keep this thing up to date. I’ve always sucked at paper journals – I must have 3 or 4 that have the first 5 pages filled out and then nothing but blank space. But, I do understand the value of putting things down in writing. It helps to organize one’s thoughts and it can be quite entertaining to read years later. Now, the one thing about a blog that differs from a paper journal is that with a blog you have very little control over who’s “looking over your shoulder” and reading what you’ve written. So, I can’t say that I’ll be filling this screen with all of my deepest emotions about things. But, as a means of chronicling my life’s activities and offering some basic insights on things, it should do nicely. So, without any further ado, here we go:

I just found out this week that I’ve been offered a position at Eli Lilly as an “Assistant Senior Pharmacologist” in their Drug Disposition group. I’ve been interested in working for Lilly for years, and the opportunity has finally presented itself. I’m so excited about this – an opportunity like this doesn’t come by every day, so I feel extremely blessed. My last day at Covance will be January 4th, 2008, starting at Lilly on January 7th. Kind of a long time to wait, so I’ll be fighting to stay focused and motivated at Covance, but it gives me something to look forward to after Christmas

Rachel and I are in the process of helping to launch a new church plant in Lebanon, Indiana called Freedom Church. Our first service will be January 13, 2008. We’re going to have our services in a movie theatre, which should be quite an adventure. In addition to helping to run the soundboard, I’m also working on developing a curriculum for a new believers’ class, which will help folks who are new to the church to learn about God, the Bible, and our church. It’s been a really exciting process to watch our launch team form, and I can’t wait to see what God’s going to do in Boone County.

I guess that’s enough for now (especially since it’s 1:30am). Stay tuned!!

3 Comments:

At November 17, 2007 at 11:40 AM , Blogger Dave said...

He lives! Welcome back to the blogosphere, my friend.

And CONGRATS on the job!!!!!!!

 
At November 17, 2007 at 9:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the job!! We are sooooo excited for you! Can't wait to catch up and hear about it :)

 
At November 17, 2007 at 10:23 PM , Blogger Cody Jones said...

Welcome back to the intarweb!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home