Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Let the exhaustion begin!

Tomorrow I'm going to the gym for the first time in about a year. I'm planning on 40 minutes of treadmill time, or whatever happens to be the duration of the Mark Driscoll sermon that I'll be listening to on my iPod. I'm a little nervous, mainly because I've tried this whole 'exercise program' thing before. It goes well for a few weeks, and then I start making REALLY dumb excuses. Not excuses like "I have a broken ankle", but excuses like "I just didn't have a clean enough t-shirt to go to the gym today" or "I like to sleep" or "screw this exercise routine, I think being fat is fun!". I want to make this stick, so I'm taking it slow and I'm going to try and slowly incorporate this into my life as a permanent change. We'll see.

Good episode of 'American Idol' tonight. I'm not sure who's going to win, but I really like Taylor Hicks, the gray-haired guy who was playing the harmonica. It looks like he's channeling Joe Cocker when he sings. And, the tall, dark-haired girl whose mom is a singing coach (I think her name was Katherine?) is my favorite girl. Hooray for winter TV addictions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home