Sunday, February 19, 2006

Victory at Last!

Date: 18FEB06
Weight: 275.0

Rachel's family stayed at our house this weekend. It was nice to see them, and I'm sure they were happy to see Rachel and Ethan (and me, too, I suppose). Last night, I played Shadows Over Camelot with Rachel, Alan, and Doug. It's a cooperative board game, which means that all the players work together to "beat the game", rather than playing against each other. I got this game for Christmas, and I've played it 5 or 6 times, and I have never won. Finally, last night, we won!! VERY satistfying, and I think Rachel's dad and brother enjoyed it, too.

Speaking of games: I think I've thought of a good bribe system for my exercise program. Board games are kind of becoming a major hobby of mine. Not like Scrabble or Monopoly, but War of the Ring, Ticket to Ride, and Puerto Rico. But, most of these games are a little pricey, and it's sometimes hard to justify a new game purchase. So, I figure that I'll make a list of all the games I want to buy, and then get one as a reward for either making a weight loss goal, or reaching a particular exercise goal (like, working out at least 3 times a week for a month). Still working out the details. But, here are some games I'm interesting in buying:

Heroscape
Carcassone: Hunters and Gatherers
Memoir '44
Power Grid

So, we'll see if that's an effective way of getting my rear end on the treadmill. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home