Monday, February 20, 2006

Monday, Monday..

Date: 20FEB06
Weight: 274.0 lbs

Yesterday (Sunday) I helped a friend from work move some furniture. It was fun, but I realize that I will eventually need to add some weight training to my workout program. For a guy my size, I should be able to lift a lot more than I can.

Next Monday is the next meeting at church about the missions trip to China. I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going to go, but I'm leaning towards going. I have to put up a $100 deposit that night, and my "drop-dead deadline" is April 10th. I don't really have a problem taking the time off, but coming up with the $2800 cost of the trip will be a challenge. But, God provided $3400 for Rachel and I to go to the Netherlands back in '04, so I am confident that if it's His will for me to go, all the details will work out. Oh, I found a Chinese language class at IUPUI that's starting in April. It's on Wednesday nights and is only $125. Might be worth taking.

We had a pastor from Uganda named Jackson Senyonga speak at church on Sunday about prayer. It was really good. He talked about how American Christians tend to deal with problems differently than Ugandan Christians. He said that when a problem arises, the people in his church immediately begin praying for God to intervene. In America, we tend to want to analyze the situation, try and figure out a solution on our own, and then (if we even remember to) consult God. I'm not sure about the rest of America, but that's definitely what I do. Especially in regards to this China trip, I want to do a better job of praying for God's hand to move, and not just try and figure out a solution on my own. This is hard for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home