Saturday, July 15, 2006

Busy weekend ahead...

This has been a really busy summer. It seems like every weekend is just chock full of activities. This weekend is Erin's baby dedication at church, so Rachel's family will be in town starting this evening. They haven't visited in quite a while, so it'll be good to see them. This afternoon, I'm attending a "Mavens" meeting, which is a group of local gamers who get together to plan a rather extensive pre-GenCon party called "The Stink". I've spent a good amount of time lately on the Gen Con message forums, which is where I learned about this group. Although the internet can do a good job of masking someone's identity, many of the people on the forums seem cool and genuine. To be able to meet some of them in person today is an exciting prospect.

I've been trying to figure out a way to turn my interest in gaming into a way to bring people together, and maybe eventually to spark some discussions about life and God and other things. So, I thought that a bi-weekly gaming night might fit the bill. I have about a few work friends and a few church friends who would probably be interested. It would have to be board games, since RPGs would probably take too much time and effort for the crowd I'm thinking about. But that's a good start. And, my office mate has dozens of games, many of which I've never played. Every time I've mentioned this idea to my friends, they've all said "yeah, that would be cool". So, I think I just need to set a date and do it. I'll let you know how it goes. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home