Friday, June 02, 2006

The Garzanne Wedding Approaches!

Well, it's only a week until the biggest wedding weekend of the summer. Rachel's cousin Laurie is getting married on June 17, and Ethan is the ring bearer. Alas, I will not be attending though, because I'll be in Texas to celebrate the wedding of two of my friends from high school, Mike Garza and Susanne Davis, affectionately referred to as "Garzanne". Actually, I guess I didn't really know Susanne in high school, but I graduated with her brother, Jonathan, who is one of my dearest friends from both high school and college. So, I fly out on Wednesday, which will give me an opportunity to visit everyone for a couple of days. I really wish Rachel could come with me - it's going to be a bit lonely without her. But, it'll also be good to see all the old friends. Life has rolled on for all of us, but we've managed to maintain contact better than I could have hoped.

We're still not getting much sleep at night (far less for Rachel than for me), so that's starting to affect my alertness at work. Plus, I've been working on a particularly annoying science problem at work known as surface adsorption. Going into details would put both you and me into a boredom coma, so I'll just say that it's a pain, and it's been a difficult problem to diagnose. But, such is the world of bioanalytical chemistry. I'll be so happy to have a few days off next week.

You'd think that after a month of not posting that I would have something more interesting to say, but I don't. Things are moving along. Ethan turned 3 on May 21st, and we threw him a pretty cool Thomas the Train party. Erin is doing great, and is starting to smile and coo a lot more often. Still not sleeping more than about 3 hours at a time, but she seems healthy and happy. I was watching Ethan playing on the floor tonight, and I was just struck by what a great little boy he is. So full of energy and laughter, and SO smart. I love my family so much, and sometimes I can't believe that God has blessed me with these 3 wonderful people in my house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home