Thursday, March 30, 2006

China? For me, only via local buffet...

OK, so it's been a scant 2 1/2 weeks since my last post regarding the trip to China, and there has been a major development. Namely, I'm not going. I've thought and prayed about it a lot, and I just think it's a particularly bad year to be making this trip. Finances are going to be the tightest they've ever been, not to mention the added work and stress of a new baby. I think my time and money are best spent at home right now. I'm feeling good about my decision, and I've always felt that peace is the best indication that I've made a good decision.

So now we wait, wait, wait for the baby to come. Rachel is 37 weeks pregnant today, which means that the baby should arrive in 3 weeks or less. Everything is ready. The nursery is (once again) complete. Ethan's moved into his new room. All bags are packed, all arrangement have been made. Tick tock tick tock. We're so ready to meet this new little person.

Oh, one other nice bit of news. I was awarded the "Employee of the Month" award at work. Apparently the time spent on that difficult project earlier in the month paid off. As my reward, I get to park in one of the very front parking spaces for the next month. This may seem lame, but I'm usually relegated to the very back parking lot, which comes complete with 1/4 mile hike to my office. Plus, there's a cash award of some kind, which is supposed to show up on my next paycheck. So, a pretty nice honor. It's amazing how God turned that project around. Even when we whine and complain, God's still so good to us!

1 Comments:

At March 30, 2006 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Dave said...

No, see, a 1/4-mile hike to the office from the parking lot is GOOD, because that's good exercise, right? Those of us out here trying (with little success, at the moment) to lose weight know a good exercise opportunity when we see it. :^) Congrats on the award, at any rate, and I agree on your decision, re: China. Didn't seem to me like the best time to be making a trip like that either. Call me sometime, beeyotch.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home