Monday, July 17, 2006

Weekend Completion!

Well, the busy weekend has come to a close. And I made it with all my hair still on my head. :-) Erin's dedication on Sunday went really well, and we spent the afternoon with Rachel's family and my mom. Good times.

But, by far the most interesting part of the weekend was the 'Mavens' meeting that I attended on Saturday. After posting on the Gen Con Forums for the past few months, I finally made a connection with the actual people who are behind the screen names and avatars. And it was pretty cool. Being my first time, I sort of felt like a junior high school kid at his first dance, trying to make conversation and be cool, but with intermittent periods of staring at the wall and stirring the straw in my Coke. But I found the folks in the Mavens to be, overall, very friendly and accepting. There's another meeting in 2 weeks that I will probably attend, and I signed up to help with the setup of the big Pre-GenCon party that the Mavens organize. I figure it will be a good way to get to know some fellow gamers in the area. Who knows, someone who could end up being one of my best friends could have been in that meeting. More to follow...

So, it's time to gear myself up for a big, busy week at work. Lots of science to be done, you know? ;-)

2 Comments:

At July 17, 2006 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Rachel Richard said...

[as Cal and Joe assemble the Interositor]

Crow T. Robot: Science and Industry!

Tom Servo: See big men sticking screw drivers into things - turning them - AND ADJUSTING THEM!

Crow T. Robot: Build your very own Atom Storage Box!

Mike: Bringing you state-of-the-art in soft-serve technology!

Crow T. Robot: Removes lids off bottles and jars of all sizes - and it really, really works.

 
At July 17, 2006 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Dave said...

I see the brainwashing of Rachel is finally complete. Good job, John. :)

(psst....change your link to my blog!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home