Thursday, December 06, 2007

An uncommon ending to the year

This is shaping up to be one of the strangest holiday seasons that I’ve ever experienced. As of today, I only have 16 working days left at Covance. I still have plenty to do, but it just feels different knowing that by this time next month, I won’t be there anymore. At nearly 7 years, this is by far the longest job I’ve ever had. Starting over somewhere new is exciting, but it’ll take time to get to know the people at my new job, and I’ll inevitably make a few bumbling errors. But, I’m so excited about this new adventure. It does, however, make for a strange December. I’ve never felt so much like things were “winding down” as I do this year.

Then there’s the launch of Freedom Church on January 13, 2008. Rachel and I have been a part of Shane’s launch team for well over a year now, and we’re finally coming upon the start date. Lots of work to be done in the next month, to be sure! Tonight we have our first worship band rehearsal, and it’ll be the first time that I’ll get to set up the sound board and see how things work. My friend Josh, who is a professional sound engineer (and fellow RC car enthusiast), is helping us with our sound equipment, making sure that the used stuff that we have actually works. It looks like we have almost everything that we need – now I just need to get some practice setting it all up!! It’s an unbelievable blessing to have Josh’s help. I just hope that we can get through the first service without me setting anything on fire!

Oh, and Gen Con is only 252 days away. Just thought I’d throw that in there. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home