Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tick tock tick tock....

The clock continues to wind down at Covance. It’s been a whole month now since I submitted my resignation letter, and I’m pretty much ready to go. I’m actually working on a pretty challenging project right now, and I hope I’m able to get everything wrapped up before I leave on the 28th. The reality of this change in my life hasn’t fully set in yet, and it probably won’t until I walk in the door at Lilly on January 7th. All of the ramifications of a new job are just huge: new environment, new job tasks, and all new people. At Covance, people have seen me at my best and worst. They know the good work that I’ve done, as well as the times when I’ve totally screwed up. But, at a new job, the slate is clean, and I’ll have the opportunity to make a first impression on everyone. A little scary! I just hope that I’m able to learn the new job quickly – I intend to be a sponge and soak up all the information I can get.

We had Jeff and Caitlin over for dinner last night. Jeff’s going to be the worship leader for Freedom Church, a really nice guy with a lot of energy and quite a bit of musical talent. I’ve been sensing that he’s really starting to feel the stress of the church planting process, and Rachel and I thought it would be a good idea to connect with him and give him some encouragement. Jeff’s girlfriend Caitlin goes to Purdue and will be leading our childrens’ ministry team. They’re a great couple, and we really enjoyed talking with them. We all ended up playing Wits and Wagers and Redneck Life and had a great time. It was good to get to know them a little better, and I hope they’ll want to hang out with us again sometime soon.

I just completed my second Math Trade on BoardGameGeek, and I think it was pretty successful. I traded my copy of Saga for Frag:Deadlands. Hopefully it’ll be a good game. I’m really enjoying the math trade concept – paying $5-10 for shipping is much better than laying down $50 for a game!

1 Comments:

At December 13, 2007 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Dominic said...

I'm glad to see that you played Wits & Wagers! I hope you had a good time.

Cheers,
Dominic

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home