Monday, December 17, 2007

Snowy weekend

It was an interesting weekend. A nice winter storm filled up Saturday, which caused Shane to move up the start time for the Freedom Church Christmas party by about 3 hours so that no one would get stuck in a blizzard on the way home. Fortunately, it wasn’t as severe as it could have been. We ended up getting ~6 inches of snow, with a good bit of freezing rain and sleet mixed in. Needless to say, I did my fair share of shoveling yesterday afternoon. And, strangely enough, they canceled church service on Sunday due to the snow, which I think is the first time I’ve ever seen that happen. It worked out for the best, because Rachel wasn’t feeling well, so I spent most of Sunday taking care of the children and trying to get some housework done. I also got all of our Christmas presents wrapped, which is one of my favorite holiday traditions. Just for fun, I popped in a DVD that I hadn’t watched in a while, The Terminal with Tom Hanks. I had forgotten how much I like this movie - I highly recommend it! Not exactly Christmas fare, but it’s a fantastic story with a great score by John Williams (the band geek in me will never die!!)

I just discovered The Dice Tower has a regular podcast on board gaming, hosted by Tom Vasel and Sam Healey (thanks for the tip, Cody!). It’s full of game reviews and commentary on a variety of board gaming topics. Very enjoyable to listen to. I listened online last night while wrapping presents, but I may have to subscribe to this one on iTunes so I can download it easily to my iPod. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home